Home Remedies For Eczema In Babies
If your infant has been diagnosed with eczema during his/her first month birthday, you need not worry. The article will highlight some home remedies which you can choose for the treatment of eczema in your child. If these remedies are not effective, then it is better to visit your paediatrician.
Try the following:
Moisturize The Skin Of Your Baby:
- Start by properly moisturizing the skin of your infant to avoid dryness. You can choose to do this with ceramides, which is the best option available in the market. On the other hand, some natural available moisturizers that are fragrance-free, like petroleum jelly are also another wise option. You can use petroleum jelly a number of times during the day without having to worry about any of its side effects. Once you give a lukewarm water bath to your child, immediately apply this natural and easily available remedy.
Always Give A Lukewarm Bath To Your Child:
- Another best therapy for a child is to give him/her a lukewarm water bath. It not only cools the skin, also provides necessary hydration. Sometimes the itching can also be taken care of. You need to make sure to not use hot or cold water, it is about proper lukewarm water. The duration of the bath should also be not too long. For an infant, around 10 minutes’ bath duration is more than enough. Another means is to add oatmeal products in the water for an easy and soothing bath.
Select The Soap Which Is Safe For Baby Skin:
- Here the selection of the soap is also essential. You need to select the one which is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic free and antibacterial in nature. There are many options available in the market in the category of soaps, you need to go for the one that is mild, easy to use with the minimum reaction on the body.
Make Sure To Clean The Skin Carefully:
- It is advisable to use soap only on those areas of the body that actually requires. Like hands, feet and genital areas. Better avoid using soap on the rest of the body and making it extra dry. It is okay to just rinse off the body of the baby with clean, lukewarm water only.
Time To Dry The Skin Of The Baby:
- Once the bath from lukewarm water is done, it’s time to pat dry the body of the baby. Use soft, cotton material clothes for the said purpose. You can also use the baby towel, but it has to be soft and made with pure clothes.
Find A Comfortable Outfit:
- Once the baby is washed, cleaned and dried; it’s time to put on the clothes. The right selection of cloth matters a lot at this time. Some clothes cause irritation on the skin due to synthetic fabric and the reaction of the clothes. Thus, it is better to wear loose clothes for better ventilation and ease. Make sure you wash every clothe when purchase from the market before making a child wear it. It can clean the cloth from dirt and germs. Make sure you don’t overdress a child, which can also put the child in a discomfort situation.
You can start treating the issue of eczema right at home when a child is diagnosed with it. Take necessary action immediately with eczema cream for babies in Singapore. However, if the situation persists, it is better to consult a paediatrician.