If you have recently applied any cosmetic surgery procedure on your face, it is important to follow strict guidelines for better recovery. Avoiding these expert advice can lead to complications, illness, infections or something serious that cannot be treated so easily. It becomes important to consult your physician for the complete details of your aftercare once you make decision about any cosmetic surgery.
Below are a few important things to note about some of the most commonly applied cosmetic surgeries as advised by experts in aesthetic clinics in Singapore:
- Breast Augmentation:
- It is very common for patients to feel nauseated right after the surgery; it can be easily recovered with specific anti sickness medicines as suggested by your surgeon.
- As this procedure involves stretching of the skin, you may observe swelling, redness or discolouration around your breast. Do not worry as it will be healed with time or you can apply some prescribed creams.
- Give some time for your body to heal naturally, which generally takes 2 to 3 weeks, as long as you follow a proper diet.
- You can wear some specially designed bras for additional support to the treated area; it will help in fast recovery.
- Facelift Surgery:
- While you may face a little discomfort for two or three days, you can use pain killers to get rid of the pain.
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping.
- Avoid makeup for at least two weeks in order to reduce the likelihood of unwanted side effects.
- Don’t wash your hair for a few days.
- Stay away from heavy exercise routines for a few weeks.
- Avoid direct sunlight for a few months.
- Take a proper bath instead of a shower, especially while you have bandages on your nose.
- Don’t blow your nose if it can be avoided.
- Wear clothes that are loose fitting.
- It is good to avoid expressing too many facial expressions for a few days after the surgery.
- Avoid participation in sports activities where chances of hitting your nose are higher. Try to avoid public transport, concerts, crowded places etc.
- Stay away from sunlight for two months after surgery.
- It is good to get plenty of rest after the treatment.
- Doctor’s will advise you to wear tight fitting clothes so that healing can be improved.
- Care for the treated area and avoid infections. Keep it covered and change the bandages time to time.
- Make an effort to control your weight. For this you need to follow the right diet routines and healthy eating habits.
The recovery period actually depends on type of treatment that you have undergone, as well as n your skin type. Your physician can advise you better for after care tips so that side effects and mistakes can be avoided. If you find that something is not right, meet your doctor as soon as possible to get the right solution.